Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Holiday Blues

          For some, the holidays can be a depressing time of year. When your soul feels black and you feel that your life has no meaning and you've been beaten to the ground, the holidays can be tough to get through. Maybe impossible. 

          If you are depressed, it may seem trite, but I think it is worth saying: Your Creator, whatever you conceive Him to be, wants you to be happy. He put you on this earth, at this time, for an important reason. It doesn't matter whether you know the reason or not. You have worth. Your soul has worth. 

          But maybe you don't believe in God, or you believe that God is dead and that you are worthless and that no one cares about you. If you believe nothing else, then believe this: 

          I care. 

          I think you're important. And so do a lot of other people. 

          Treat yourself kindly. Let yourself rest. A lot of problems seem so much worse when you're fatigued. Always, always, remind yourself that tomorrow might be a better day.

          But if tomorrow is too far away or you don't know if you can make it until then, please find someone to talk to. And if you think there is no one you can talk to, you can talk to me. 

          I will be there in an instant. 

          I will listen to you. 

          I will hold your hand.

          Because I think you're important. 

          Pour out your cares, your worries, your fears, your soul. It will be our secret. I'll tell no one. That's my sacred promise to you.

          Because you are beautiful and important and I care about you.


 



.

8 comments:

  1. i really need someone to talk too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave me your contact information. It won't be published on this site (everything is reviewed before it's published...and your contact info won't be published).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just might make me start crying again...Last year during the Holiday season I was going through my divorce. Yes, it was difficult, but I felt very strongly that I was doing what I needed to. This year, the holidays have not been so easy. I find myself second-guessing whether I did the right thing. Raising two boys alone who both have autism is very challenging. I could clone myself several times before it would be enough (in fact, at each of their schools, the student to teacher ratio is about 1-1/2 to 2 teachers per student). Then I remind myself that even when my husband and I were still together, I was most of the time acting as a single parent anyway and having to deal with his issues as well. I know I did the right thing, but I am still grieving the loss of a marriage that I never intended or desired to end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cody, this is a very kind offer. Hope you have a Happy Holly-Daze. ~Namaste~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! And so true! God cares and many people care, even if u don't care or maybe u do, but just don't seem to know how to cope or deal with the problems at hand, but need someone who cares enough to sit and listen to u...care enough to cry along with u, care enough to hold your hand even...or even if there's no words to be said, at least there is someone who cares...and if u just can't seem to find someone to care for u, look up to God. He is there...always will. Cry out to Him & pour your soul out to Him. He really listens. Before u know it, u will feel better. At the end of the tunnel there is a light. Tomorrow will be a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been single for 11 yrd same old story, sorry men but what ever happened to old fashioned ways of the 50's ?
    And why does it mean if your divorced your easy.. or The dating rules really changed that much.
    But come 2011 I am hoping to get out from under my rock and put on my brave suit amor you can't treat me like that and think it's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right. No one should lower their standards for someone else. Make them come up to your standards and if they don't, they're not worth your time.

    ReplyDelete