Thursday, December 2, 2010

Broken


Today, I'm a little bit broken.  
I won't always be broken, I hope. My children are away and my world is out of balance. They should be at my house, because it's their house, too. But tonight the house is empty. And quiet. 
And I'm a little bit broken. 
If you ask me, I'll tell you I'm all right. Forgive my lie. I know you want to help, but I don't want to talk, even if you do. Some other time, maybe, but not now.
You see, I'm a little bit broken.
So if I’m a little too quiet, that's just me trying to survive. If I'm guarded and won't let you in, that's just me protecting myself from further damage.
Because I'm a little bit broken. 
There's someone else living my life, the life that I care about, the life with my children. Someone else is teaching them and playing with them while I'm missing them and counting the seconds until it's my turn to have them again.
Until then, I'm a little bit broken.

Please "like" Single With Kids on Facebook and suggest this site to your Facebook friends. You know, if you want. No biggie. But it'd be really awesome if you did.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate. I am at the beginning of what is proving to be a nasty, ugly divorce. And I've felt nothing but broken for months. I didn't choose this. My husband did. I tried for months to find a way to fix my marriage but was fighting an uphill battle because he wasn't interested. There hasn't been a day in nearly twelve months that I haven't broken down and cried at least once a day. More often several times a day. I keep telling myself to take it one day at a time. But it's not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my broken days as well. My hope for myself and everyone else who feels broken at times is that at some point the balanced days outweigh the broken. The days that are the hardest are when my little girl is with me and I'm still broken. When she's hugging me every 5 seconds because she can tell that Mommy is broken...Those are the toughest for me but they're becoming less and less frequent. One day they'll be gone entirely, until that day comes, it's one day at a time with the knowledge that tomorrow holds the promise of a new breath, a new day and a new perspective

    ReplyDelete